Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Too hot to handle



Here's a new piece. Originally solicited by a magazine devoted to contemporary Jewish thought and culture to create a work on Feminism and Jewish Identity, I went through my old digital pieces on Jewish cultural identity, and decided to rework an old piece. The old one was about being mistaken for a Palestinian spy at the Algiers airport. I eliminated the text, reworked the image to include an old ad and then added some new imagery in Painter and Photoshop. And the text is new as well. When I sent it in to the magazine editor, I never heard back. I wrote to her three times, and zilch was my response.

So, I am sharing it with you. It is inspired by the crisis in Gaza.

2 comments:

still sprouting said...

Well, I did finally hear back a week or two after that last post, and they seem interested in publishing the piece. We will see if it actually happens. I'll let you know.

still sprouting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.