Tuesday, June 24, 2008

End of Day 2 on the boat

It’s been difficult to access the internet the past two days, and it’s been quite frustrating since I had it as my goal to post something every day. Ah well.

After several hectic days, we finally slowed down today. We were mostly on the boat. My belly is full from yet another splendid meal - everything is fresh and really yummy. I will post some photos at some point.

Yesterday morning I awoke at 5:30 with this extraordinary view of the river flowing right by, as I lay in my bed. I couldn't get back to sleep, I was so captivated by the landscape of the lower Danube delta. Endless banks of trees, no development, the rich smell of fresh water mixed with the perfume of blooming linden trees...I took many photos, including this one of the sunrise...

No comments: