Monday, September 24, 2007

Welcome to my renovated website

Hi everyone - It has taken almost two years of sometimes painstakingly slow, intensive and often interrupted work to finally get together this renovated website. I am so glad to be done with this process, and I am grateful to my html expert and web consultant, Dan Schueler, for helping with every step. While there are some pleasures to be had reviewing and contextualizing old work, this archival process is not my favorite. And I have some concerns that this new format will make my work less accessible. You, the viewer will have to tell me what works for you and what doesn't.

This blog will be the way that I keep this website up to date. So this is where you should return if you are interested in keeping track of what I am up to, whom I'm collaborating with, where I am giving talks or workshops, what's inspiring me, and how "me" is expanding into "we." If you want to share your work, blog or event just send it this way.

I'm somewhat ambivalent about the blog as place to process ideas, and the numbers of potential readers who will be able to access this space is fairly startling. But it can be an educational forum with the possibility for exciting dialog, so I am trying to keep an open mind. I will be exploring how boundaried I will need this form to be. Hanging out "dirty laundry" doesn't feel like the right strategy for catalyzing social transformation, but I might be wrong about that.

I look forward to a rich dialog with readers and browsers of all kinds.

Beverly

No comments: